© South Darley C.E. Primary School 2021
We appreciate that choosing a new school for your child is a difficult decision but we are confident that you will love what we have to offer and would encourage you to contact us to arrange a visit to see for yourself. We also appreciate that it is confusing when looking at school websites to find the information that you need. We have therefore created this page where you can find everything in one place.
1. Firstly, give us a call to have a chat or arrange a look round. Our telephone number is 01629 732240 and it is usually answered by Mrs Manning, our friendly School Business Assistant. Alternatively email us at email@example.com. We don’t have set open days as we want to give a personalised tour of the school so just let us know what time is best for you. If you are uncertain about visiting the school due to covid concerns then check out our introduction video on youtube, filmed during tighter restrictions last year.
2. Have a look at the school prospectus to get a feel for what we offer. Alternatively browse the school website. Our ‘Celebrating Our Week’ publication and termly newsletters give you an idea of some of the things that happen at our school.
3. If you want to read external reports about our school then our latest Ofsted report from June 2019 is here and our latest church inspection (SIAMS) is here. We are proud of how they recognise the extremely positive experience we give to our children.
4. If you do come to visit, then think of any specific questions you would like answered. We anticipate most of the usual questions such as our morning and after school wraparound care, curriculum etc. but every child is different and every family has different needs and expectations. For children with Special Educational Needs then you can look at our SEN information page here, but we would also recommend you talk with us.
5. Hopefully you will choose us and at this point you can visit the Derbyshire Admissions Page to apply for your child’s place online. The closing date this year is 15th January 2022 and places are offered on 19th April 2022. Even though our published cohort amount (PAN) is 10 children, we are flexible in going over this and have never had to turn anyone down.
6. Once places are confirmed we will invite your child to transition mornings. Usually we have a series of hour long sessions in our infant class which your child can attend if they are able. We then have a longer morning where the children stay for lunch. This is supplemented by a parent information evening in July where you can meet the staff and other parents and learn more about what will happen in September, and how you can help your child be ‘school ready’. Teachers may liaise with local playgroups and nurseries to ensure that we are fully prepared for the arrival of your child.
7. Over the summer holidays you will need to source school uniform. Details can be found here, including a link to our online supplier.
Then you will be part of the South Darley family, working with us to ensure that your child has the best possible start in life.
Are you looking for a fantastic school with a nurturing, caring environment in which to send your child?
Then look no further; you have found the right place and we are excited to meet you.
Cast picture from our whole school production of Robin Hood, which this year had to be filmed outside due to Covid restrictions.