© South Darley C.E. Primary School 2016
We acknowledge the Anglican traditions of our school and encourage all children in the exploration of faith. Everyone in our school community deserves to be cared for unconditionally and valued as a unique creation, made in the image of God.
We have high expectations of all our children. We develop our children to be happy, well-rounded individuals who have a love of learning through which they achieve and progress to the best of their ability.
We want our pupils to enter the wider world as:
happy and positive individuals
responsible citizens able to make a positive contribution
adaptable in an ever changing technological world
life long, safe and healthy learners
We value parents’ influence and contributions, our links with the local community and the wider world, encouraging a holistic approach to education.
We encourage our pupils to have respect for themselves and each other; we want them to develop confidence, resilience and pride in their achievements.
At South Darley we:
Enjoy learning: embrace challenge!
This much improved school provides an outstanding quality of education for its pupils.
• Behaviour is outstanding and pupils have excellent attitudes to learning.
• The curriculum meets pupils’ needs exceptionally well.
• All groups of pupils achieve high outcomes
• The school is led and managed exceptionally well.
• The headteacher who provides leadership and vision, well supported by the
staff, the parish and governors.
• The explicit ways in which the Christian values of forgiveness, trust, care and
generosity of spirit are expressed in the daily life of the school.
• A bright and interesting learning environment which provides excellent
opportunities for young children to grow and develop.
• The productive partnership with the parish.